- Limits: Cards are limited to 15 items. DVD’s are limited to 5 per card.
- Due Dates: Two weeks is the loan period for all material, except 7-day express best-sellers.
Renewal :Books (except 7-Day Express), audio books, and music CDs may be renewed twice by phone or online from the library website catalog. Movies may be renewed once. Enter your 14-digit library barcode number (typed without spaces) and your PIN number. (If you have never chosen a PIN, the default PIN is “CHANGEME”). Click on “My Account” and then “Renew My Materials.” Online renewals are blocked on accounts with large fines or more than four overdue items. Items on hold request by another patron may not be renewed. 7-Day Express and ILLs may NOT be renewed.
- Holds: Items currently checked out or at another OCPLC library may be placed on hold online. Email and text notices for hold requests ready for pick-up are automatically sent out each day around 3 p.m. from “ocplcinfo” if your email address is on file. You may now also opt for text message notification.
- Outside Book and Media DropBox: Books, audios, and movies may be left after hours in the book drop box and media drop box outside.
- Lost / Damaged Items: Patrons are responsible for paying for all items lost or damaged. With the approval of the Library Director, replacement of the item may be made with the same title or another suitable title. Parents are responsible for any overdue/damaged/lost items on their children's cards as well as fines incurred.
- Overdue Items: Fines are $.10 cents per day per book or audiobook/music CD. Express 7-day best-sellers are $.50 cents per day. Video/DVD fines are $1 per day per item. Overdue notices and calls are a courtesy of the library. Borrowers are obligated to return materials on time without notification.
- Lost Cards: Patrons must BRING their library card with them to check out items or to use the public access computers. A $2 fee is charged for replacement cards.
Public Access Computer Information
- Computer Usage: Customers who live within Okaloosa County must have a valid OCPLC library card to use a computer. Users are allowed 2 sign-ins per day for up to one hour. Last computer sign-in is 30 minutes prior to library closing time. Computers automatically shut down 20 minutes prior to library closing time. Children under 16 are not permitted to use a computer until parental consent is on file.
- Prints and Copies are $.15 per page, black and white ink only.
- Internet Usage: Use of public access computers for viewing or disseminating illegal or inappropriate images is prohibited. Customers violating this policy will be asked to leave and may lose computer privileges. Parents are responsible for monitoring their child’s computer viewing.
- Wi-Fi: Free wireless internet access is available from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Saturday. A password is required and may be picked up at the circulation desk. No wireless printing services are available.
- Computer Tutoring: One-on-one computer tutoring is available by appointment. The one-hour sessions are especially helpful for those wanting to learn how to use the internet and email.